Thursday, October 1, 2009

I'm in London!

So proud of myself -- I took the Underground from Heathrow airport into Central London.  My first destination was my publisher's representative on Henrietta Street in Covent Garden.  I get off at Leicester Square and without a map find my way to Henrietta Street, where I have been on numerous prveious occasion.  I am pleased that my memory has gotten me here!  After checking in with Andrew, my rep, I go for a walk to Cecil Court and show Mr Drummond the paragraph I wrote about him in my book.  In the evening I have a lovely visit with the American Women's Club at their headquarters in South Kensington.  They are very welcoming.  The current members have discovered decades-old archives of the AWC, which I did not see on my previous visit (at a different location) 20 years ago. They invite me to come back next week to examine the archives.  Then I take a taxi to Jane's flat and we have a happy reunion! 

No comments:

Post a Comment