Monday, September 28, 2009

Pausing While I Pack . . .

Over the past 20 years, I have been fortunate to travel to England a number of times -- have used the resources of the British Library, the Women's Library in London, and archives at the Imperial War Museum and the English-Speaking Union.  I have seen where Elizabeth Banks and Mary Anderson and others lived.  And I even found that elusive 1894 young woman's magazine, by pure serendipity, on a bookseller's display in Manchester!  So it's been more than research -- all right, it's obsessiveness.

And now I am going to have the chance to share my research, taking it back to England.  I am about to embark on a trip during which I am scheduled to give talks at the American Women's Club, the Bishopsgate Institute, and the Women's Library, all in London.  In addition I am scheduled to speak in the gorgeous village of Broadway, in the Cotswolds, where Mary Anderson lived for many years.  This is the culmination of a great deal of planning and I am very excited, especially about seeing people who helped me with my research so many years ago.  Stay tuned for updates!

1 comment:

  1. And today you leave for England - have an absolutely wonderful time and keep us informed!
    kathy

    ReplyDelete